Meeting Minutes April 2023
Directors Meeting Minutes
April 18, 2023
In attendance: Vice President Larry Long, Secretary Ron Wright, Treasurer Tim Standeford, Director Daryl Swinney, and General Manager Herb Cook.
The meeting was called to order at 8:10 AM by Larry Long. The Minutes of the Directors meeting held on March 21, 2023 were presented for review/approval. Tim Standeford moved the minutes be approved as presented. The motion was seconded by Larry Long and carried unanimously. Herb Cook gave the Treasurer’s Report. Tim Standeford made a motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Daryl Swinney seconded the motion and carried unanimously. Herb Cook gave the Operation’s and Manager’s Report. Ron Wright made a motion to the Operation’s and Manager’s Report. Tim Standeford seconded the motion and carried unanimously.
- New Water Treatment Plant: Herb Cook reported to the Board that Banning has the water plant and clear well 100% complete in design. While speaking to Kent Elliot with Banning, Herb found out that more test wells and a production well needed to be drilled so that they could finish design of the new wellfield. Daryl Swinney made a motion to have Bastin & Logan drill three (3) test wells and one (1) production test well. Tim Standeford seconded the motion and carried unanimously. Kent also said he is ready to start putting together bid packets for the new water treatment plant. Daryl Swinney made a motion that Banning put together the bid packets and pick 3 or 4 contractors for the Board to approve for bidding on the new water treatment plant. Tim Standeford seconded the motion and carried unanimously.
- Krohn and Associates: Herb reported to the Board that First Merchants Bank has submitted an indicative rate of 6.25% on a long-term loan. Herb made note that Pershing has started to work on the audit needed for the loan, but still won’t be complete until late June or early July.
- Tank Inspections: The tank inspections were done in January of 2023 and we finally received the inspection reports back in March. Herb made note that the tanks are in dire need of paint on the outside as well as being cleaned and recoated on the inside. There are some other minor repairs that need done as well.
- Reconnect Fees: Due to having some issues with non-pays, Herb asked the Board to consider renaming the “Reconnect Fees” to “Delinquency Fees”. Tim Standeford made a motion to approve changing the name. Ron Wright seconded the motion and carried unanimously.
- Echo Lake Phase II: The new 4” main has been pressure tested, bacT samples taken, and has been put into service. On The Level installed a couple services with leftover material from Phase 1, but we are still waiting on materials to finish the services on Phase II.
- Levi Moss 90 Day: Herb made note of Levi Moss’s 90 probation period being completed and turned in an employee review to the Board to review. Ron Wright made a motion on a new hourly rate for Levi and to review how both Levi and Taylor are doing at the August meeting. Tim Standeford seconded the motion and carried unanimously with Larry Long abstaining.
With no other business to discuss, Tim Standeford moved for adjournment. The motion received a second from Ron Wright and carried, unanimously. The next monthly Directors meeting will be Tuesday, May 16, 2023 at 8:00 AM. The meeting adjourned at 9:10 AM.