Minutes December 21, 2021
In attendance: President Ross Holloway, Vice President Larry Long, Treasurer Tim Standeford, Director Daryl Swinney, and General Manager Herb Cook.
The meeting was called to order at 4:00 PM by Ross Holloway. The minutes of the Directors meeting held on November 16, 2021 were presented for review/approval. Daryl Swinney moved the minutes be approved as presented. The motion was seconded by Tim Standeford and carried, unanimously. Herb Cook gave the Treasurer’s Report. Larry Long made a motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Tim Standeford seconded the motion and was carried unanimously. Herb Cook gave the Operation’s and Manager’s Report. Larry Long made a motion to approve the Operation’s and Manager’s Report. Daryl Swinney seconded the motion and was carried unanimously.
- New Water Treatment Plant: Herb reported to the Board that Kent Elliot is still working on design of the new water treatment facility and hoped to have more for the Board in January or February of 2022. While covering the new water treatment facility it was discussed about having a study done to revamp the current treatment facility. Larry Long made a motion to have Banning Engineering to investigate and report on whether the current facility is worth rehabilitating and what costs would be for such work. Tim Standeford seconded the motion and was carried unanimously.
- General Shale Property: Herb closed on the General Shale property on November 23, 2021. The total price including lawyer fees and closing costs was $156,961.27. The Board asked Herb to contact Kegahn Hopwood about purchasing the property north and east of the creek. Herb will ask Kegahn what he will offer Hill Water for the property north and east of the creek. Kegahn will be responsible for all surveying and closing costs.
- 2022 Wage, Pension, and Holiday Calendar: The Board approved the 2022 Wage, Pension, and Holiday Calendar at the previous meeting.
- Handling Fees: Herb asked the Board to make a set fee for customers requesting business information of Hill Water. After long discussion, the Board asked Herb to start publishing the meeting minutes online and would review at a later time if they want to post anything else online as well.
- Line of Credit Draw: Daystar Drilling finished boring the new 20” main under White Lick Creek with a final cost of $417,776.24. Daryl Swinney made a motion to move $400,000 from the Line of Credit into Hill Water’s checking account to pay Daystar. Tim Standeford seconded the motion and was carried unanimously.
- White Lick Creek: Herb reported that on December 3, 2021 Daystar finished pulling the new 20” main under White Lick Creek. Crews would be in and start doing tie over the following week and should be done before Christmas.
With no other business to discuss, Tim Standeford moved for adjournment. The motion received a second from Larry Long and carried, unanimously. The next monthly Directors meeting will be Tuesday, January 18, 2021 at 8:00 AM. The meeting was adjourned at 4:38 PM.