Minutes January 18, 2022
In attendance: President Ross Holloway, Vice President Larry Long, Secretary Ron Wright, Treasurer Tim Standeford, and General Manager Herb Cook.
The meeting was called to order at 8:00 AM by Ross Holloway. The minutes of the Directors meeting held on December 21, 2021 were presented for review/approval. Larry Long moved the minutes be approved as presented. The motion was seconded by Tim Standeford and carried, unanimously. Herb Cook gave the Treasurer’s Report. Ron Wright made a motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Larry Long seconded the motion and was carried unanimously. Herb Cook gave the Operation’s and Manager’s Report. Larry Long made a motion to approve the Operation’s and Manager’s Report. Tim Standeford seconded the motion and was carried unanimously.
- New Water Treatment Plant: Herb reported to the Board that he met with Kent Elliot and Joe Pazac on January 7, 2022 about conducting an investigation report on the current water treatment plant. The report was to include whether the current plant was worth refurbishing and what their projected costs would be for the rehabilitation. Kent Elliot said he hoped to have the report for the February 2022 Board meeting. Herb showed the Board a section of pipe that had to be cut out of the filter due to leaking and noted to the Board how the current plant needs to be upgraded soon.
- Handling Fees: The Board approved for Herb to start posting the Board minutes on the web page for customers to view.
- Line of Credit Draw: Herb reported to the Board that the draw was done on the Line of Credit and that Daystar Drilling had been paid for boring White Lick Creek.
- Hopwood Offer: Herb reported to the Board that he spoke with Kegahn Hopwood about purchasing the property north and east of the creek in the new well field. Kegahn offered Hill Water $2,500 per acre plus closing costs and all surveying/engineering fees. Ron Wright made a motion to counter offer Kegahn at $3000 per acre with deed restrictions on the property, paying all closing costs, engineering/surveying fees, as well as any approval from town council for the property divide.
- New Lead and Copper Regulations: Herb reported to the Board that the EPA signed in new Lead and Copper laws in December of 2021. 120 Water is a company that works with AWWA (American Water Works Association) and has created a program to meet all new EPA guidelines. Larry Long made a motion to sign a 2-year contract with 120 Water to meet all new Lead and Copper guidelines and help Hill Water be in compliance with EPA regulations. Tim Standeford seconded the motion and was carried unanimously.
- Capital Expense Plan: Herb presented to the Board a new 5 Year Capital Expense Plan. After much discussion the Board asked Herb to create an entire list of additions and upgrades to the system that needs to be done and present them to the Board. The Board will then look at the list and finalize and new Capital Expense Plan.
- Online Checking: Herb reported to the Board that there had been a few customers ask about paying with E-Checks. E-checks can be received online via the Converge site. Ron Wright made a motion to start accepting E-Checks via Converge. Tim Standeford seconded the motion was carried unanimously.
- White Lick Creek: All work is now complete on the White Lick Creek 20” main job. Herb reported to the Board that he hoped to have the final cost of the project for the February 2022 Board meeting. The new main was put into service on December 22, 2021.
- Echo Lake: Utility Supply told Herb that the pipe for the Echo Lake project should be in by the end of January. Waller Meter is still waiting on meter yolks for the project. Herb told the Board he is hoping to start the project in late February or March.
- Board Officers: With the start of the new year, Tim Standeford made a motion for the Board officers to remain the same. Ron Wright seconded the motion and was carried unanimously.
With no other business to discuss, Ron Wright moved for adjournment. The motion received a second from Tim Standeford and carried, unanimously. The next monthly Directors meeting will be Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 8:00 AM. The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 AM.