Meeting Minutes May 2022
Directors Meeting Minutes
May 17, 2022
In attendance: President Ross Holloway, Vice President Larry Long, Treasurer Tim Standeford, and General Manager Herb Cook.
The meeting was called to order at 8:00 AM by Ross Holloway. The minutes of the Directors meeting held on April 19, 2022 were presented for review/approval. Larry Long moved the minutes be approved as presented. The motion was seconded by Tim Standeford and carried unanimously. Herb Cook gave the Treasurer’s Report. Tim Standeford made a motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Larry Long seconded the motion and was carried unanimously. Herb Cook gave the Operation’s and Manager’s Report. Larry Long made a motion to approve the Operation’s and Manager’s Report. Tim Standeford seconded the motion and was carried unanimously.
- New Water Treatment Plant: Herb Cook presented to the Board drawings received from Banning Engineering showing site layout and site piping drawings for the new water treatment plant. Herb also reported to the Board that the soil bores had been completed, but had to have 2 extra rock cores done as the soil bore crews hit rock at a shallow depth.
- New Company Logo: The Board was informed that the new website is now operational and that the new company logo was in place on the new website.
- First Merchants Checking Account: With the new checking account at Homebank being up and running, Larry Long made a motion to close the First Merchants Bank checking account immediately. Tim Standeford seconded the motion and was carried unanimously.
- Wyttenbach: Herb Cook reported to the Board that he received a letter from Bose-McKinney concerning Hill Water’s main on the old Keswick Addition site that the Wyttenbach’s own. Hill Water received a letter in 2019, to which Hill Water responded. Ross Holloway replied to the letter received in April 2022 via email to Bose-McKinney.
- Greystone Concrete Proposal: Herb Cook presented to the Board a proposal from Greystone Concrete to replace the ramp/walkway into the front of the building. The current ramp is in disrepair and during the winter had the front door in a bind. Tim Standeford made a motion to accept the proposal from Greystone. Larry Long seconded the motion and carried unanimously.
- Special Bonus: The Board discussed giving the employee’s a special bonus to help offset the growing inflation problem. Tim Standeford made a motion to give all employee’s a one-time special bonus of $1,000 paid immediately. Larry Long seconded the motion and was carried unanimously.
- Echo Lake: Herb Cook reported to the Board that the rehab project going on at Echo Lake is moving along very well and he hopes to be done by the end of May to early June.
With no other business to discuss, Tim Standeford moved for adjournment. The motion received a second from Larry Long and carried, unanimously. The next monthly Directors meeting will be Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 8:00 AM. The meeting was adjourned at 8:35 AM.