Meeting Minutes July 2022
Directors Meeting Minutes
July 19, 2022
In attendance: Vice President Larry Long, Secretary Ron Wright, Treasurer Tim Standeford, Director Daryl Swinney, and General Manager Herb Cook.
The meeting was called to order at 8:00 AM by Herb Cook. The minutes of the Directors meeting held on June 21, 2022 were presented for review/approval. Ron Wright moved the minutes be approved as presented. The motion was seconded by Tim Standeford and carried unanimously. Herb Cook gave the Treasurer’s Report. Daryl Swinney made a motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Ron Wright seconded the motion and was carried unanimously. Herb Cook gave the Operation’s and Manager’s Report. Daryl Swinney made a motion to approve the Operation’s and Manager’s Report. Ron Wright seconded the motion and was carried unanimously.
- New Water Treatment Plant: Herb Cook reported to the Board that he received the soil bore results back from Patriot Engineering. The results were sent to Ross Holloway for review and we are waiting to hear back from Banning Engineering on what adjustments will need done on the foundation due to poor soil conditions. Herb also reported to the Board that he received word from Sun Polymers that they have accepted Hill Water’s proposed drainage easement. Ross Holloway will have legal draw up final paperwork to be signed and filed.
- Wyttenbach: Barnes and Thornburg submitted Hill Waters response to the Wyttenbach lawyers on Friday, July 15, 2022.
- Bulk Water Sales: Herb Cook reported to the Board that the office receives numerous calls about buying bulk water and we do not have a designated bulk water station. Daryl Swinney made a motion to provide 2 or 3 locations on the system to provide bulk water sales. Ron Wright seconded the motion and was carried unanimously.
- IFA Audit Validation: Herb Cook reported to the Board that the IFA Audit has been validated and submitted to the IFA. The audit was due by August 1, 2022 for the year reporting of 2021. Midwestern Engineers validated the audit on July 8, 2022.
- Bad Debt: At the May 17, 2022 Board meeting Herb reported to the Board that a customer had left the system owing over $2900. The Board asked Herb to look into filing collections on past accounts that owe large amounts of money. Herb contacted Foley, Peden, & Wisco in Martinsville, IN and reported to the Board that unless Hill Water has a large amount of accounts that need collections on then cost wise it may not be viable to try to collect. After much discussion, the Board decided not to pursue the collections at this time.
- Echo Lake Rehab: Herb reported to the Board that over half of the services have been cutover onto the new 4” PVC main. Also reported was that the old 2” galvanized main wrapping around the outer loop had been shut down and retired on July 8, 2022. Plans are to be finished by mid to late August.
With no other business to discuss, Tim Standeford moved for adjournment. The motion received a second from Larry Long and carried, unanimously. The next monthly Directors meeting will be Tuesday, August 16, 2022 at 8:00 AM. The meeting was adjourned at 8:47 AM.