Meeting Minutes Nov 2023
Directors Meeting Minutes
November 21, 2023
In attendance: President Ross Holloway, Vice President Larry Long, Secretary Ron Wright, Treasurer Tim Standeford, Director Daryl Swinney, General Manager Herb Cook, Kent Elliot from Banning Engineering, Brad Robertson & Dave Birch from Mitchell and Stark Construction, and members Dana Lynn & Laura Head.
The meeting was called to order at 8:00AM by Ross Holloway. The Minutes of the Directors meeting held on October 17, 2023 were presented for review/approval. Tim Standeford moved the minutes be approved as presented. The motion was seconded by Larry Long and carried unanimously with Ross Holloway abstaining. Herb Cook gave the Treasurer’s Report. Larry Long made a motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Tim Standeford seconded the motion and carried unanimously. Herb Cook gave the Operation’s and Manager’s Report. Tim Standeford made a motion to accept the Operation’s and Manager’s Report. Larry Long seconded the motion and carried unanimously.
- New Water Treatment Plant: Herb Cook reported to the Board that at the previous meeting all the bid packets were received and that Banning Engineering was going thru the bids to make sure they were quoted correctly.
- New Employee: Herb stated that the new employee that was hired on October 16, 2023 was doing very well so far.
- New Water Treatment Plant Contractor Bid Awards: After Banning Engineers went through all of the bids for both divisions of the new water treatment plant, Mitchell and Stark Construction was the low bidder for division 1 and Preload was the low bidder for division 2. Banning Engineering wrote a letter of recommendation for both of these contractors and the letter was submitted to the Board during the meeting. After speaking with Brad Robertson with Mitchell and Stark Construction, Larry Long made a motion to award the contract for Division I to Mitchell and Stark Construction. The motion received a second from Tim Standeford and carried unanimously. Preload was unable to have a representative at the meeting, but Larry Long made a motion to award the contract for Division II to Preload. Tim Standeford seconded the motion and carried unanimously. Kent Elliot with Banning Engineering stated the contracts would be drawn up and ready to sign at the next monthly Directors meeting.
- Member Comments/Bylaw Update Suggestions: Dana Lynn submitted a letter explaining System Development Charges (SDC) to the Board to review. The Board reviewed the letter and asked Herb to speak with Krohn and Associates to figure a viable charge for SDC. Laura Head also briefly covered the suggestions of changes to the bylaws that she had submitted. The Board advised that they would look into the changes and that the legal team needed to be present as well. The Board asked Herb to get into contact with legal and ask about the said suggestions for changes to the bylaws.
- Truck #14 (2013 Chevy): Herb Cook reported to the Board that truck #14 had over 120,000 miles on it and when the dealership looked at it for trade in, they weren’t willing to offer a good price for the truck. After discussion, Tim Standeford made a motion to put Truck #14 (2013 Chevy) up for sale. Larry Long seconded the motion and carried unanimously.
- 2024 Holiday Calendar: Herb Cook presented the 2024 Holiday Calendar to the Board for review/approval. Ron Wright made a motion to approve the calendar as presented. Tim Standeford seconded the motion and carried unanimously.
- 2024 Wage and Pension: The 2024 Wage and Pension Report was submitted to the Board for review/approval. After review and discussion Larry Long made a motion to approve the 2024 Wages. Daryl Swinney seconded the motion and carried unanimously. Next, Larry Long made a motion to approve the 2024 SEP Contributions. Ron Wright seconded the motion and carried unanimously.
- Echo Lake Phase II: Herb Cook reported to the Board that the second phase of the Echo Lake rehab project was complete. The final cost for Phase II was $79,892.77 which was several thousand under the initial estimate of $100,000.
- Echo Lake Phase III: Herb Cook reported to the Board that all of the new mains were installed, pressure tested, and had good BacT samples. Weather permitting On The Level Excavating intends to have all the new services done by the end of November.
With no other business to discuss, Tim Standeford moved for adjournment. The motion received a second from Larry Long and carried, unanimously. The next monthly Directors meeting will be Tuesday, December 19, 2023 at 4:00PM. The meeting was adjourned at 9:11AM.