Meeting Minutes Dec 2023
Directors Meeting Minutes
December 19, 2023
In attendance: President Ross Holloway, Vice President Larry Long, Secretary Ron Wright, Treasurer Tim Standeford, Director Daryl Swinney, General Manager Herb Cook, Kent Elliot from Banning Engineering, Matt Cribs from Preload, Brad Robertson from Mitchell and Stark Construction, and Corby Thompson from Krohn and Associates.
The meeting was called to order at 4:00PM by Ross Holloway. The Minutes of the Directors meeting held on November 21, 2023 were presented for review/approval. Larry Long moved the minutes be approved as presented. The motion was seconded by Daryl Swinney and carried unanimously. Herb Cook gave the Treasurer’s Report. Ron Wright made a motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Larry Long seconded the motion and carried unanimously. Herb Cook gave the Operation’s and Manager’s Report. Tim Standeford made a motion to accept the Operation’s and Manager’s Report. Daryl Swinney seconded the motion and carried unanimously.
- New Water Treatment Plant Contractor Bid Award: Mitchell and Stark Construction was awarded the bid for Division I and Preload was awarded the bid for Division II of the new water treatment plant. Kent Elliot presented the contracts for both divisions to the Board and after discussion Tim Standeford made a motion to sign the contracts. Daryl Swinney seconded the motion and carried unanimously. Kent Elliot distributed signed copies to each contractor and Hill Water Corp.
- Member Comments/Bylaw Update Suggestions: At the previous meeting Dana Lynn had submitted a letter explaining System Development Charges (SDC) to the Board. The Board asked Herb Cook to get into contact with Krohn and Associates to do the figures for the SDC. Corby Thompson was at today’s meeting to cover his calculations and different ways of charging SDC’s. After discussing the figures with Corby Thompson, Daryl Swinney made a motion to move forward with getting a SDC set in place. Ron Wright seconded the motion and carried unanimously. The Board at this point, asked Herb Cook to get into contact with Financial and Legal council to get more information on how to set the SDC up and how to handle such funding. The Board briefly discussed Laura Head’s suggestions for bylaw changes and is awaiting answers from legal. Updating bylaws is a long process and legal must be present.
- Truck #14: The Board voted at the previous meeting to sell Truck #14 (2013 Chevy) and Herb Cook reported that the truck was sold a week after the last meeting.
- 2024 Holiday Calander: The Board voted to approve the 2024 Holiday Calander at the previous Board meeting.
- 2024 Wage and Pension: The Board voted to approve the 2024 Wage and Pension at the previous Board meeting.
- Echo Lake Phase II: Herb Cook gave another quick overview of the completion of Phase II of the rehab project and made note that now all of the old galvanized mains in this section of the project are now retired in place.
- Test/Production Well #4: Bastin and Logan turned in a quote of $113,697 to drill test/production well #4. This well will be built to help feed raw water to the new water treatment plant. Tim Standeford made a motion to approve Bastin and Logan’s quote and to pay for the test well from funds on hand. Daryl Swinney seconded the motion and carried unanimously.
- Neptune Meter Reading Equipment/Meters: Herb Cook explained to the Board some of the issues Hill Water is having with Badger Meters and the issues with getting meters as well. Herb provided to the Board a breakdown of equipment costs and how much better service Hill Water will receive from Neptune meters as well as meters being cheaper. Tim Standeford made a motion to switch to Neptune meters and purchase the Neptune reading equipment as well as purchasing one skid (144) meters each quarter of the year until the entire system is switched over. Ron Wright seconded the motion and carried unanimously.
- 2024 IFA Audit: Herb Cook contacted Midwestern Engineers to validate the 2024 IFA Audit of the 2023 year. Midwestern Engineers submitted a contract capped at $3,000 to validate the audit. Ron Wright made a motion to accept the contract. Larry Long seconded the motion and carried unanimously.
- WHPP Delineation Update: Herb Cook reported to the Board that IDEM has approved the updated WHPP delineation to include the new well field that has future well #4 in it. Ron Wright made a motion to allow Ross Holloway and Herb Cook to work with local and county officials to update and change the zoning maps to include the new WHPP Delineation. Larry Long seconded the motion and carried unanimously.
- Echo Lake Phase III: Herb Cook reported to the Board that phase III of the rehab project has been completed and all but a small section of galvanized main has been retired in place. The total cost for phase III came in at $57,227.60 plus in the spring the landscaping of dig areas. Estimated to be another $2,500 for that.
With no other business to discuss, Ron Wright moved for adjournment. The motion received a second from Larry Long and carried, unanimously. The next monthly Directors meeting will be Tuesday, January 16, 2024 at 8:00AM. The meeting was adjourned at 5:10PM.