Minutes March 15, 2022
In attendance: President Ross Holloway, Vice President Larry Long, Treasurer Tim Standeford, and General Manager Herb Cook.
The meeting was called to order at 8:00 AM by Ross Holloway. The minutes of the Directors meeting held February 15, 2022 were presented for review/approval. Tim Standeford moved the minutes be approved as presented. The motion was seconded by Larry Long and carried, unanimously. Herb Cook gave the Treasurer’s Report. Tim Standeford made a motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Larry Long seconded the motion and was carried unanimously. Herb Cook gave the Operation’s and Manager’s Report. Larry Long made a motion to approve the Operation’s and Manager’s Report. Tim Standeford seconded the motion and was carried unanimously.
- New Water Treatment Plant: Herb Cook reported to the Board that he had spoke with Kent Elliot in late February and it appears as thought things are still on track for plans to be released in late summer for bid.
- Capital Expense Plan: The Board and Herb discussed holding off on making new plans till Echo Lake project was completed and then reevaluate the Capital Expense Plan.
- Trucks: Herb reported to the Board that due to shortage of vehicles he is going to keep shopping for a new truck and hopes to find something soon.
- Smart Bill: Herb reported to the Board that the new Smart Bill system should be up and running completely by the end of April.
- Website Design: Herb has been in touch with Melling Marketing Solutions and is working on creating the new website for Hill Water.
- Home Bank: Herb reported to the Board that all the paperwork is completed and the new account is operational at Home Bank.
- IFA Audit Validation: Midwestern Engineers sent an updated contract to Herb for the Board to review. After review of the contract, Tim Standeford made a motion to approve using Midwestern Engineers for the Audit Validation. Larry Long seconded the motion and was carried unanimously.
- Vacation Policy: Herb presented a revised Vacation Policy to the Board for review. Larry Long made a motion to approve the policy with one change in wording. Tim Standeford seconded the motion and carried unanimously.
- Rate Increase: The Board asked Herb to gather more information on pricing for materials, labor, etc. for them to review at the next meeting to determine a new rate increase.
- White Lick Creek: Herb reported to the Board that the final cost of the new 20” main to be bored under White Lick Creek was $574,316.26 and that the only costs left to incur is restoration.
With no other business to discuss, Larry Long moved for adjournment. The motion received a second from Tim Standeford and carried, unanimously. The next monthly Directors meeting will be Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 4:00 PM which is also the Annual Membership Meeting. The meeting was adjourned at 8:42 AM.