Meeting Minutes October 2022
Directors Meeting Minutes
October 25, 2022
In attendance: President Ross Holloway, Vice President Larry Long, Secretary Ron Wright, Treasurer Tim Standeford, Director Daryl Swinney, and General Manager Herb Cook.
The meeting was called to order at 8:00 AM by Ross Holloway. The minutes of the Directors meeting held on September 20, 2022 were presented for review/approval. Tim Standeford moved the minutes be approved as presented. The motion was seconded by Ron Wright and carried unanimously. Herb Cook gave the Treasurer’s Report. Tim Standeford made a motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Larry Long seconded the motion and was carried unanimously. Herb Cook gave the Operation’s and Manager’s Report. Tim Standeford made a motion to approve the Operation’s and Manager’s Report. Ron Wright seconded the motion and was carried unanimously.
- New Water Treatment Plant: Herb Cook reported to the Board that Banning had nothing new to report to the Board as of the time of the meeting.
- Wyttenbach: After much discussion about an email received from Alejandra at Barnes and Thornburg, the Board decided to allow the lawyers to proceed with the discovery process in this case.
- Echo Lake Phase II: Numbers were returned to Herb about the cost of replacing the remainder of the mains on Echo Lake East Dr. After discussion of higher unaccounted for water and the cost of constantly repairing the current mains, Daryl Swinney made a motion to proceed with the second phase of this project. Ron Wright seconded the motion and was carried unanimously.
- Employees: Herb Cook reported to the Board that Evan Kerkhof has been helping out on days that he has free until his departure to Alaska. Also, Herb reported that he hired Amber Owens on October 3, 2022 for the Office Clerk position and Thomas Wright on October 17, 2022 for the Utility Tech position.
- Ashbury Ridge: Herb reported to the Board that IDEM has made Ashbury Ridge their own Purchase Water System. This means Ashbury will be responsible for obtaining a certified operator and doing monthly reports and testing for their system.
With no other business to discuss, Tim Standeford moved for adjournment. The motion received a second from Daryl Swinney and carried, unanimously. The next monthly Directors meeting will be Tuesday, November 15, 2022 at 8:00 AM. The meeting was adjourned at 8:35 AM.